Sunday, May 27, 2007

Un giorno od Anghiari e Arezzo

Ciao!

I don't have the time to offer much commentary right now, but I will add in more when I get the chance. These are mainly shots of our day in Anghiari and Arezzo - two nearby cities. We spent all day yesterday walking around and visiting various museos and cathedrales. Remember that you can click on the pictures to view a larger image. Enjoy!

One of the many beautiful views of Tuscany from the town of Anghiari:

I thought I could never love a place more than Sansepolcro for its beauty ... but I was wrong! These pictures don't do Anghiari justice. It was the most beautiful little town I have ever seen and I'm really hoping to get in another trip before we leave!

Joy and I in Anghiari ... check out those gorgeous flowers!

Taking a break on a piazza bench ... can we say trouble?

Note the Roman road ...

Sample of an Anghiari citizen's mad parking skills:


The city walls ...

Now on to shots of Arezzo ... a cathedrale

there's something about i fiori in Italia ...

In Arezzo we were lucky enough to see the Grande Piazza, one of the locations where the film Life is Beautiful was shot! If you haven't seen the movie, you need to see it!


Me in the Grande Piazza (note the gelato in hand) ... as soon as I laid eyes on these beautiful buildings scenes from the film began playing out in my head!

Outdoor seating in a nearby ristorante ... bellissimo!

A gorgeous park Joy and I discovered while seeking out a cathedrale:

An Arezzo clock tower ...

A magnificent cathedrale ... and little me. I look like an ant ... a dancing ant!

Another location for the filming of Life is Beautiful ...

After our long day in Anghiari and Arezzo, it was time for late night homework and Italian pastries ...


One of the pastries didn't make it. I call this one "Death of a Pastry." He perished after his fatal fall from my upper bunk ... and I sadly mourned the loss. He was my favorite flavor :(


That's all for now!

No comments: