Friday, July 27, 2007

Meeting Mr. Darcy - again!

Hello again!

So last night I went to see a play called The Pain and the Itch at the Royal Court Theatre, and guess who I met afterwards? Mr. Darcy in the flesh (i.e., Matthew Macfadyen)!

And let me tell you - he was ever so much more agreeable than the marble bust version! I was taken aback (but pleasantly surprised!) by how down to earth the actor was, not to mention remarkably friendly. I thanked him for doing justice to my favorite literary hero of all time in Pride and Prejudice, and he thanked me quite humbly for the compliment and said he was glad that his performance had been Darcy-worthy.

Tomorrow my Jane Austen sensibilities are going to be further delighted by a day trip to Bath! If I'm lucky, perhaps I'll bump into Henry Tilney, or Captain Wentworth while I'm there :) I'll be sure and fill you in on any future sightings of Austen heroes.

Cheers!

Bekah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheers for Bekah!

Have a marvelous time in Bath (I know you will) and if you do meet those gentlemen, be sure not to steal their hearts ;) - I hope you don't meet Isabella... but Anne or Catherine perhaps. :)

I'm going to try very hard not to be jealous. ;D