Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another beautiful day in Italia ... and more pictures!

Today was a long but relatively laid back day. We had the best walk this morning and I got some great shots of the Tuscan countryside. Amazingly, I am still getting up at 6:30 every morning and walking with Dr. Oatsvall - which is nothing short of incredible because I am by no means a morning person!

I can't tell you how much I enjoy these morning rambles. While it is extremely hard to extract myself from the warm soft bed I've grown to love as much as my own, I never regret it once I'm out of bed and out in the cool morning air of beautiful Italia.


Poppies are positively abundant here! They grow likes weeds and pop out in punches of rich color against the predominately verde (green) palate of Tuscany. I think they have become my new favorite flower ... and the next time I spot a particularly pretty one I want to pick it to wear in my hair:)

On this particular morning Dr. Oatsvall led us down an old country road through some absolutely beautiful farmlands and at the end of the road we met with none other than the Tiber River! It was incredible! I've read about the Tiber my whole life, but to come face to face with it on a morning stroll? Amazing!


Below is another shot of Sansepolcro. I just love these steps. The whole city is full of all this magnificent stone and feels so ancient (which it is!), almost like living in a fairy tale. It's not very hard to feel like a medieval princess when you wake up and walk in a such a setting as this!

And finally, here is a shot of our beloved piazza - the heart of the walled city. It is the location for markets, evening visits and passeggiatas, and the home of my favorite gelateria :) On the right you can see Lizzie and Stacie kindly posing for me in the hot hot sun! The Goblin (my gelato paradise) is just to the left of the tower-like section in the center of the picture. So far I've had gelato every single day ... and sometimes more than once within a twelve-hour period!

Well I've got to run back to my Italian bedroom and get started on some homework (after I stop by and get some gelato of course!), but I hope you enjoy the pictures! Tomorrow we are off to Florence bright and early! I can't wait! I've been looking forward to all the glorious sights of Firenze and I cannot believe tomorrow is finally the day. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures sometime on venerdi (Friday)!

Love to all! Thank you again for all the prayers and emails - I cannot tell you how much they mean to me.

Baci!

Bekah

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Hey!

You're doing a wonderful job on keeping up with writing the blog! It's so enjoyable to see and hear about another part of God's beautiful creation! I miss you a lot, and will continue to pray for you!

Love,
Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi, Bekah! I hope you don't mind that we are reading your blog each day. Your mother shared the address with me. I feel as if I'm right there with you. Keep up the good work. I look forward to your posts.

Ciao!
Peggy Fowle