Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Welcome to Switaly!

Here are some of my earliest pictures of Lugano! I'm off to for a boat ride in an hour, but I wanted to post some pictures real quick while I had some time in the computer lab ...

After we arrived Dr. O took us on a walking tour of the town. I love the combination of the green trees and red park benches.

This spot reminded me of the Old Well in Chapel Hill ... oddly enough, there's a bust of George Washington inside!

Lake Lugano

The stairs of death - but we made it! (L-R): Dr. O, Jamie, Joy and Lizzie

A pretty shot of a nearby park:

The gorgeous park across the street from our residence:

Giresole Residence Hall - our home away from home while we're in Lugano.

Berries! This shot was taken on another one of our rambles about the city:

Beautiful sky and mountains - near the main campus of Franklin College.

Speaking of which ...

The main entrance to the college administration building

Academic buildings on the hillside

Clouds and mountains near the main campus

A pretty little yellow house - I took this picture for my sister Mary! This house made me think of her because she loves yellow :)

Can you tell I love taking pictures of nature more than anything else?

A garden we pass everyday on the way to classes

THE ROOM - We each have our own private rooms!

And private bathrooms ....

And there's a kitchen in the room ...

And a nice big closet tucked away in a nook!

Here is a shot of my first attempt at pasta in my kitchen. To put it lightly, the dish was not a great success. Lizzie did her best to help me, but it was no use. However, I did put basil leaves on top to make it look a little prettier ...

The mess that was made in my attempt ... the clean up almost ended up being more work than the preparation part! Oh well. I've got a few more nights to try again, and there's always cereal to be had if I fail again :)

That's all for now! More pictures and commentary later!

Love,

Bekah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I know you are having the time of your life. You're still in my prayers. <3